My Site

October 04, 2011

Late night

Sarah promises me there is a Rounder post on it's way for you folks at some point in the near future! She's been super busy showing& doing well ..so I guess it's okay that she is behind in her posts ;)

I have some fun news. My boyfriend has finally finished my* VW dunebuggy! It's gorgeous. I'm pretty sure I've never shown you guys a photo before, so allow me to show you some now! These are taken by him but the second it stops raining out I am going to snap some myself.


This was in the beginning. He managed to get 3 VWs for something like $500. That right there will tell you how good of condition they were in! This was all occurring about a year into our relationship& I think it was the first time I realized just how weird he was ;) It was solidified when we followed the tow truck that was relocating the beetles. No, seriously. Check out how they arrived at his garage:


Yeah. That's right. The three of them fit cozily on one tow truck. I think by this point I was thoroughly confused as to what my boyfriend's thought process was like. All I could think was that I was doomed to be on Hoarders in a few short years. Thankfully, I've discovered the boy can get rid of stuff. Oh, and he knows what he's doing when it comes to his crazy projects. He's like the master of DIY. He can build buildings, cars& motorcycles. He can paint, use power tools& change the oil in my car. It may take him a few years but in the end he gets it done! Here's what the merging of these cars looked like last summer-


Clearly, it needed a paint job still at this point in it's life. Looks a lot better than the original, eh? Not that the original was hard to improve upon. So then winter came& instead of working on the buggy he built a motorcycle. My poor little VW just sat there, looking sad& neglected all through the cold months. Finally, the motorcycle was finished& it was back to the VW. Can you tell he always has a lot of projects on the go? Sometimes I get frustrated but it could be worse ..he could be buying liquor& crack instead of vehicles. Plus the end results are pretty awesome. No, seriously. Check out the above link if you haven't seen the custom bike he built.

Okay, done checking out the bike? Onto the end results of the VW. I love this car. At first I was skeptical (who wouldn't be? You did see those 3 on the tow truck, right?!) but I must admit that the final product is awesome. I love everything about it. Except the fact that it's a standard& so therefore I can't drive it. Someone seriously needs to teach me to drive a stick. Without further ado, here is the buggy-


TADA. So, what do you think? Leave a comment& let the boyfriend know what you think of the car! It actually looks so cool. I can't wait to get out& take some awesome photos of it. It's going to be a good prop for the next photo shoot we have, that much I know! Are you jealous of my* sweet new wheels?! I'm a little jealous of myself.. I definitely have the coolest car on the island!


*Garret isn't quite convinced the car should be mine. I, however, am 100% convinced it should be. Let me know what you think ..should the person who put the blood, sweat& tears into it own it? Or should the awesome girlfriend who put up with the time he spent building it get the reward?!

No comments: