11. A photo from the summer when I did a photo shoot of my girlfriend's graduation. I'm pretty sure this photo has never made the blog ..I captured a series of shots of the pup running towards me with a Pepsi cup in his mouth. They came out so cute that I had to include one of them in my top for this year!
10. Next up is a photo I practically had to drug the dog to get! I took all the teddy bears I could find, threw them on my bed& then threw him in the mix with them. I was sort of hoping for a Where's Waldo only with Squirt& teddy bears instead of men in red& white striped shirts! It didn't work out that the dog was very hard to find ..but his expression in this just cracks me up so I had to use it! 'Please, Mum. Make it stop!'
9. This is a recent photo ..in fact, it's the last one I took of the dog because we ended up not being friends by the end of it. So I made a promise that I wouldn't take any more photos of him for awhile since he seemed to be getting a little bitter about it. I am placing this shot as my 9th favorite simply because it started out with so much potential& ended up just being a mediocre shot of the pup. Nonetheless, it's still really cute ..just wishing I had of ended with more than 1 single photo from the shoot.
8. This photo I absolutely love ..and when you consider we are only on photo 8 that means I'm either really good (not likely) or I just love my dog more than is reasonable (very likely). This was after a particularly rough day where I made him take photos. The poor beast was just completely pooped after the session. It is, apparently, really tough to sit there while I take the photos. This is a shot from a day when I was wondering about his immediate future.
7. This is one of the first photos I ever took in my light box. It was after a hot yoga session (I actually was pretty funny when I described that day ..you should probably read that entry if you're going to bother reading any)! I was so excited to have my light box all set up ..okay, mostly I was excited to be finished with hot yoga. This was also before the dog began to dread my camera so he went in& I quickly snapped this photo. He looks like such a superstar that that should have been my first clue to his diva future ;)
6. Number 6 is a photo of my dog& myself. I absolutely love this photo because it looks like he really likes me. I don't know why because I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I must have had some kind of food smell on me ..I can think of no other reason my dog would be curled up in my chin. I don't know or care why. I just know I love this photo for that reason alone. My favorite photo of the pup& I.
5. Look at you guys go! You're masters at making it through a ton of photos of the dog who looks like he just climbed out of the sewer! This photo was taken after he had a 'play date' with Max. Basically, he hated every minute of it while myself& Max's owner talked for hours. Poor Squirt. His life sucks. This was one time I applied a texture& really liked the result. Textures& I don't generally get along.
4. This photo was taken solely for me to try out my new watermark with. I was so excited I had made one& needed a photo to try it on. I probably could have just used an old photo but whatever. I snapped this photo with no intentions of it ever being anything spectacular ..and indeed, it may not be. That doesn't matter though because I absolutely love it regardless! I just love the look on his face. He's practically smiling& that is so rare to photograph. I know his face is a little underexposed but let's just overlook that ;)
3. We're in the big leagues now! The top three. I bet you're just dying to see what ones made it, aren't you?! Or you cheated& have already scrolled through all the photos. Another favorite shot is one of myself, my dog& my boyfriend. This was the first time we've ever managed to get a photo of all three of us together. It took a lot of complaining& waiting on my part but I managed to make it happen! Now I can always frame this& have a photo of myself& two of my favorite guys :)
2. My second favorite photo of all time is a photo of my dog in the bath. Don't worry ..it's tastefully done! No nudies here ;) I lathered him up& stuck some of the remaining soap on his head. The end result was him looking so pathetically cute that I had to snap a few photos. I don't know why the dog doesn't like the camera. Any ideas?!
1. The number one spot goes to my favorite photo of the dog. Obviously. I set this shot up really quickly& then had a lot of unusable photos because Squirt spent the entire time hopping out of the set. What a little bugger. That aside, I got one shot that worked& it was actually pretty awesome. A little post-processing to spice up the color& voila! I ended up with my favorite photo of my little monster!
Congratulations on making it through 11 photos of my dog! I own the thing& I could barely do it ;) Let me know what you think. Was my #1 shot the same you would've picked? I tried to get a real variety of shots so you wouldn't all be bored by the end of this. Next question- should we make Squirt an international celebrity by offering him his very own calendar shoot?!
If you're participating in the Top 11 of '11, leave me a comment& I'll be sure to check it out! I'm super excited to see what everyone picks as their top photos of their children/ animals. So much fun seeing other great captures! Hope you had a fabulous, photography filled 2011! Onward& upward to 2012 :)
*Also, I accidentally linked this up on the 27th instead of the 28th. Oops. Looks like you're all getting a free preview!