My Site

July 16, 2011

My exciting life

Oh wait.. my life isn't exciting at all. I am a 24 year old trapped in a 90 year old lifestyle. It's a Saturday evening and I am curled up on my couch watching My Strange Addiction and contemplating eating popcorn.

[via]
Too lazy to take my own photo.
Looks pretty delicious though, doesn't it?!

I spent the morning waiting for a man to show up to ride Dewey. He didn't show up which reminded me to inform the blogging world of my extreme hatred of when people keep me waiting. It just is SO ignorant and screams that you think your time is more important than mine. Well guess what, folks? I'm so over waiting around for you. Either be here when you say you will or else let the person waiting for you know you're going to be late. Everyone basically has a cellphone these days so you have no excuse or reason not to send a text or quick call just letting the other person know.

Do you need a giant clock to keep you on time?!
No one is chronically late. Work at being on time. People will thank you.

Seriously. Don't be so self-important to think that the person you are keeping waiting will continue to wait for you. It especially bothers me when professors are consistently late. I bothered getting to your class on time so why couldn't you? Or when professionals can't manage to keep their appointments on time or return from lunch at the appropriate moment.

When I was younger I would just let all this happen and not say anything. I had 2 good friends who, I swear to god, would wait until you were in their driveway picking them up before they bothered starting to get ready. I played their games for years because I didn't want to be dramatic. One day, after complaining for the millionth time, I just left. I waiting ten minutes and then I left. Sucks to be you. You should have been ready when I told you I would be there& then you'd still have a drive.

Oddly, it worked. And relieved a lot of my frustrations.
So are you one of those people who is constantly late? Or, like me, are you one of those people who is bothered insanely by late people?

..wait, is there some kind of in between? Do people exist who are on time who aren't bothered by people who are chronically late?!

6 comments:

J Hodd said...

I hate to admit it, but I am the one who is frequently late. My teacher in college pointed out something one day that freaked me out a bit, which was that maybe (and these are not his exact words, but as close as I can recall)being late is some way of acting out or letting go because I am so OCD about being organized and in control of the rest of my life. I have no idea if that is really the issue, but it was a bit of an eye opener.

Laura said...

I'm interested to read more about your 90 year old lifestyle! I just ended six months of caring for my 89 year old grandpa, so I lived that life! And now I am totally going to make some popcorn for dinner. yum.

Brittany said...

I like to be late because my time is more important than everyone elses' ;)

Cara said...

I totally agree with you, I am always on time and when people can't do the same it's incredibly frustrating!

Kitty said...

I hate waiting around too, ugh!

Yvonne said...

Jess- could be!

Laura- popcorn is easily one of my favorite treats!

Britt- you're a doctor .. you're excused. I think being late is pre-req to getting in to med school ;)

Cara& Remy- SO glad I'm not alone in that!