My Site

May 18, 2011

Sunshine.

Yes, folks. Today my little island saw something that we haven't seen in three weeks. We saw the sun. He shone down on us& provided us with some much needed hope. Perhaps it WON'T rain eternally, after all. I was actually starting to pray the world would end on May 21st if it was just going to rain for the rest of my existence.
Even the pheasants tried running away.
No one likes a rain island.

So.. the sun came out to remind us not to wish this island would be scooped up by the sea. It wasn't exactly warm (I may or may not have taken a 15 minute scalding hot shower upon arriving home) but it was amazing to not be fighting cold, wind AND rain. I'll gladly take only 2 of those 3. Cold, wind and sunshine is just so much more pleasant.

So, I bombed through my 50k. I saved about 7 solid kilometres of hills for my final 10k ..obviously I'm not a thinker. I was going about 27km/hr until the last 40 minutes. The wind SUPER picked up .. the temperatures dropped a crazy amount and I was already fatigued. I spent my highway ride home thinking about how all I had all day were some boiled eggs and an arctic bar.

And they weren't even painted pretty like this one.
I had to eat boring old regular off-white eggs. Thanks, chicken.

So I tortured myself with thoughts of food. And thoughts of how I wish my brother could drive because I would totally make him come pick me up. I was not a happy camper in my last 15k of that ride. Ugh. Buttttttt - I survived (as evidenced by this blog post) and it wasn't the end of the world.

Total kilometres clocked today? 51.23 :D I can't really complain about that. I averaged 22km/hr but a lot of that was my last 10 - 15k. They knocked me out. Plus I did a 5 minute stop at Tims that dragged my average down. Without that pee break, I would have been closer to 23 (hey, 1km makes a difference to me)!

So, that's my ride recap. Now I'm off to indulge in a tea with the boyfriend. Bless his soul for coming to pick me up so I wouldn't have to drive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot, wow. Glad to see you survived!

Mini Driver said...

glad u got to ride xo