My Site

June 12, 2013

Blogging hiatus? Over.

So, I have been super slack when it comes to posting on this little blog. I ended up getting sidetracked& taken away from this space that I love so much! In an honest effort, here's my first (of many) summer post. What inspired this posting? One of my good friends (if you remember, she owns La Quaintrelle) recently started blogging. Her posts are always so happy& well-written ..which will never happen over here so instead I'm aiming for some doggy humour& a little dose of a pretty photo every once in awhile!

My little red dog has managed to survive life with Garret& I as her parents and is 11 months old! It's hard to believe it's been 9 months since we decided to take on the task of raising& competing a Vizsla. I'd say we've done a fine job raising her. Figuring out if she'll be everything I want in my competition dog? We'll have to wait until she's 18 months old for that. In the meantime, she's doing an absolutely stellar job in motivating me to train for that looming half-marathon in January& she gives a pretty great snuggle post-run, too!

Post-5k ..she couldn't run because Cape Breton isn't dog friendly but how great is it for that
 sweet face to be waiting at the finish line?! Talk about a reason to sprint the end ;)

While waiting for my pretty red girl to grow up, I've been incredibly lucky to have the chance to run a very talented (and fast) brown Border Collie. Due to my lack of regular updates, I'm not entirely sure if I've ever properly introduced Briar to my blog people! He's absolutely just as handsome as can be& I adore him. Two weeks ago, we headed off to New Brunswick for a competition. I trained hard all winter to be able to do well this summer& it finally, finally paid off!

We had four runs in two days and we got a Qualifying score (which means a lot in terms of agility ..so feel free to congratulate me) and first place in 3 of our 4 runs. It was amazing. I am still riding that high while also being busy training for our next competition on Canada Day weekend. We'll have 8 runs that weekend& I need to keep up this winning streak ;)

Even Briar looks pleased with himself in this photo! You'd never know about 160mm of rain fell& we were FROZEN!!
Neither rain nor cold could stop us from our sheer happiness over all our hard work!

So, are we all caught up on the puppy business? Perfect! On that note, I know what I should do probably is go for a run. Is that what I'm going to do? Not a chance. I'm planning on spending this rainy, cold Cape Breton afternoon curled up on my couch& getting my daily quota of Penny snuggles! She's currently giving me the stink eye to get over there& make good on that threat!

Oh, before I go. One last thing for anyone out there reading this.. I need some good running music for those long run days that Penny can't make it. Anyone have some good, pump up music for my iPod? Let me know in the comments!

No comments: